Sunday, June 19, 2011

continued.

Its been about two weeks, and I am asking you to hear your voice!! I must have truly lost my mind. I don't typically allow for someone like you (or anyone) for that matter, into my life this easily. And I wait unguarded for your response. Do I honestly expect something out of you? The answer was yes.
***
You gave me your number that night. I was so ecstatic. I didn't know if I should call you or not. I promised you that I would wake you up. I contemplated whether or not it was a good idea. I wasn't sure if I wanted our first words to each other to be accompanied with eye boogers and a long yawn. I did promise I would wake you though. I was in a pickle.

I called my friend again. She would know what to do. I hope. After-all, last time I asked for her advice I was confessing my love to you. Nonetheless, I am happy with what came of it.  She told me to call you. She knew how much I wanted to. Her advice did not satisfy me.

9 PM- It was time. I picked up my phone and the scrap of paper with your number scribbled on it. I started dialing. 6-1-4... Click. What was I doing!!!? I hung up. You didn't need me to wake you up. 

Minutes passed, I still did not get a message from you. That was strange. You usually messaged me when you woke up. What if you didn't wake up, what if you missed your alarm, what if you were late to work and got fired? I picked up my phone once more, and dialed the number. Ring, ring, ring.

You didn't answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment