Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Beginning: The Secret


My heart skipped a beat for sure. You were true. Everything about you was real. And I was speechless. Hearing your voice, brought new feelings. I felt even more happy than I was before. It brought a sense of safeness.

In my head I knew that you said hello in Arabic but, was I supposed to say the same thing back? If I spoke in English, would you think that I am an incompetent Arab-American?

For most people, first impressions mattered. I didn’t want to say the wrong thing. I didn’t want to ruin what we had. Whatever it is. Hello! That’s what I will say. Mmm. Scratch Hello. Hi? Do I introduce myself?

I have to say something before you hang up.

“Heeehee… helloooo,” I giggled.

Oh no! What did I do? You must think I’m an idiot, I thought. Why, did I open my mouth? I will just listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment