Friday, June 10, 2011

Shocked As Reality Struck

After the shock of the words I have uttered wore off, I was hit with yet another. Were my eyes giving out on me, did the shock of what I spoke allow for me to lose my sense of language? Am I reading correctly? Suddenly, all the letters looked the same as I stared at my phone.

The pounding that perforated my chest called anxiousness was back. I stumbled to find the appropriate words, the appropriate feelings, but I couldn't. My plan didn't go as I expected.

I failed. I was happy. My Insignificant Other was not insignificant anymore. This person who I have just met was breaking my rules; breaking through my walls. This person was you.

I smiled from ear to ear. I held my phone a little more close, close to me, close to my secret. Suddenly, reality struck. I remembered that you have fallen in love with my "pretties" not with me. The smile that beamed on my face disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment